Laser Cutting Acrylic
- Acrylic is one of the most popular materials for CO2 laser machine cutting and engraving.
- The laser beam can reach smooth cutting result on Acrylic.
- Complicated, irregular shapes can be done by laser cutting engraving machine.
How thick of acrylic can you cut?
- It depends on what kind of acrylic you work with.
- Also depends on the wattage of your laser cutter.
Laser Engraving Acrylic
- Generally speaking, processing with lower power+high speed, the CO2 laser machine can engrave acrylic better.
- The acrylic has risk to distort if the power is too high.
- If the acrylic has protective adhesive film on the front and back . We suggest to remove the protective adhesive paper from the side of the acrylic which you will engrave.
Tips for acrylic laser cutting
- Acrylic is especially flammable when cut with the laser machine, please make sure that do not leave laser machine works alone.
- Please keep in mind that you should be present when you run the laser
machine, no matter that which material you work with.
- To reach better cutting result, always choose the right type of acrylic for different job is important. Normally, cast acrylic is suitable for engraving, extruded acrylic is better for laser cutting.
What is the application of acrylic can you make?
- Custom acrylic awards
- Holiday decorations
- Acrylic earrings
- Acrylic indicator/signage
- Acrylic toy model
- And much more